Top up your five-a-day from a glass
Smoothies make a delicious healthy treat and are a great way to top up on your five-a-day. But the ones you buy from the supermarket are usually bottled in plastic and often have too much fructose. By making your own smoothies at home, you can control the balance of these naturally occurring sugars and pour them straight into a glass – reducing plastic waste. Apples and cinnamon may also help to reduce blood sugar. Try our apple, pear and cinnamon smoothie recipe for yourself, and let us know what you think!
- 1 apple
- 1 pear
- 1 pint of oat drink
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon (or to taste)
- Cut your apple and pear into slices
- Cut the skin off (optional)
- Parboil the apple and pear slices until softened
- Drain and leave to cool down
- Pour your oat milk into a blender
- Add the apple and pear slices and a teaspoon of cinnamon
- Blend, pour and enjoy!
You can order our creamy bottled oat drink from the milk section on our website, and we have delicious apples and pears in stock as part of our seasonal veg boxes at the moment – as well as lots of other fruit and veg to use in smoothies and juices. Being healthy has never tasted so good!