We’re not one for bragging, but our customers are the absolute best. We love how creative everyone gets using products ordered from their milkround, and posting their very own recipes for others to see – especially since it’s helping to spread the returnable, plastic free love with communities around the UK!
A special thanks to Jasmin (@jasminscooking), owner and founder of Jasmin’s Canapés, for sharing her delicious mini cheese and onion quiche recipe with us. And if you’re ever in the Newcastle area and in need of some catering, make sure to give her business a shout (@jasminscanapes).
Jasmin’s Mini Cheese and Onion Quiche Recipe
This recipe is flaky, savoury, and the perfect appetizer for special events. It’s made using ingredients found on your milkround, such as free-range eggs in home compostable packaging, and farm-fresh whole milk in returnable glass bottles.
2 rolls readymade short crust pastry
About 1/2 pint whole milk
1 cup grated Red Leicester cheese (use block cheese and grate thinly)
1 red onion diced
Handful of dried parsley
Pinch of salt
Pinch of black pepper
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 spray olive oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 180°.
- 2. Fry the onion in a pan with the olive oil. Once the onion is golden and caramelised, place it in a bowl, and let it cool down.
- 3. Once the onion is cool, whisk in the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, parsley, and grated cheese.
- 4. Spray a cupcake tray with oil to keep the pastry from sticking.
- 5. Roll out the pastry and cut it into circles. Place the pastry circles on the bottom of the tray and spoon a tablespoon of mixture into each mould.
- 6. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and the pastry is cooked.
- 7. Let them cool before serving.
- 8. Enjoy!