Combining sweet, crunchy peppers with squeaky, chewy mushrooms, our portobello mushroom burger recipe is lusciously planet-friendly and can be made using a range of plastic free ingredients. So whip out the barbie and invite your friends over to enjoy this scrumptious mushroom burger recipe. Just don’t blame us if the Great British weather doesn’t hold up.
Mushroom burger recipe
Ingredients (makes three burgers):
- • x3 portobello mushrooms
- • Balsamic vinegar
- • Olive oil
- • x3 burger buns
- • Lettuce
- • Tomato (sliced)
- • x2 peppers (chopped in quarters)
- • Salt and pepper
How to make juicy BBQ mushroom burgers
- 1. Season your mushrooms and bell peppers with balsamic vinegar, oil, salt and pepper.
- 2. Heat up the BBQ and place your veggies on the grill.
- 3. Grill your peppers and mushrooms for roughly seven minutes on each side.
- 4. Once your veg is tender and slightly charred, place your mushrooms in a burger bun atop some lettuce, a tomato slice and sauce of your choosing. We recommend BBQ, of course!
- 5. Cover your portobello mushroom with bell peppers and hey presto, it’s time to chow down!
More sustainable recipes to tickle your fancy
We know you’ll love our mushroom burger recipe as much as we do! So, if you’re looking for more eco-friendly veggie and vegan BBQ ideas, you’ll find lots of recipes on our plastic free BBQ vegetables blog – ideal for making sure your BBQ is as sustainable as it is tasty.
We recommend trying our Easy Peasy BBQ Potatoes Recipe. Together with our mushroom burger recipe, they’re flippin’ delicious!
Join our milkround
If you’re hungry for convenience, sustainability, and delicious food, you’ll love what we have on offer. Our mission is to reduce waste by making the switch to sustainable shopping as easy as possible. That’s why all our packaging is either returnable, reusable, recyclable or home-compostable – to turn landfills into land-empties.
Sign up to our milkround and you’ll get waste-fighting groceries and essentials on your doorstep before 7.30am. And with our milk delivery and egg delivery up to three times a week, you’ll never have a milk-less morning or egg-less evening again.