We’re sharing our four favourite mocktail recipes using ingredients you can order from your milkround! So, why mocktails, you ask? We’d like everyone to enjoy these refreshing and delicious drinks, which is why we made them with no alcohol. But don’t worry, we’ve added alcohol pairings in case it’s 5 o’clock where you are.
Garden Party Mocktail
Taste: Fragrant, tart, and sweet. Makes you feel like you’re the main character in your fave period-drama.
Adults-only: Add a splash of gin
3 sprigs of rosemary
250ml orange juice
330ml cranberry juice drink
500ml cream soda
- 1. First make your simple syrup. Pour your sugar and water into a saucepan over medium heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Add in your sprigs of rosemary and allow the syrup to steep for one to two hours.
- 2. Once the simple syrup is steeped, put it in your refrigerator until it’s ready to use.
- 3. Take a pitcher and add the orange juice, cranberry juice, and cream soda together. Pour into cocktail glasses. For each glass, stir in two tablespoons of the rosemary simple syrup.
- 4. Enjoy!
Refreshing Picnic Mocktail
Taste: Cooling, sweet, and floral. It’s the cottage core mocktail of your dreams.
Adults-only: add a splash of gin
75ml elderflower cordial
1L apple juice
Handful of mint leaves, roughly chopped
1 pint of sparkling water
- 1. In a pitcher, pour the elderflower cordial and apple juice together and mix well.
- 2. Add in the mint leaves and give it another good mix.
- 3. Pour the drink into a glass, filling up halfway. Top up with sparkling water and enjoy!
Taste: Fruity, sweet, and tangy. For those summer nights you just don’t want to end.
Adults-only: add a splash of vodka
8-10 strawberries, sliced
½ orange, sliced
½ lemon, sliced
Handful of mint leaves
Large handful of ice
500ml pineapple juice
300ml orange juice
- 1. Place the fruit, mint and ice in a pitcher.
- 2. Pour in the juice and lemonade and give it a good mix.
- 3. Enjoy!
Virgin Piña Colada
Taste: Creamy, sweet, refreshing. Make your escape by sipping on this piña colada (but don’t get caught in the rain!).
Adults-only: add a splash of rum
200g pineapple chunks
150ml diet pineappleade
100ml coconut cream
1 large handful of ice
- 1. Place all the ingredients in a blender, and blend for a solid 30 seconds (or until desired consistency).
- 2. Serve in a glass and enjoy!