We got the cows drunk…
We got the cows drunk, and you’ll love the results for Christmas… It’s the question on everyone’s lips. What the heck are you supposed to do with brandy butter? Well, fear not, we’ve tried it every way up, and we can tell you now, you NEED to try it!
How is brandy butter made?
Brandy butter is made by keeping our cows blind drunk on the very best brandy and then using the brandy-infused milk to make butter. (This may or may not be true, but if it is, they’re some lucky cows!).
Okay, but seriously: brandy butter is made by softening unsalted butter and giving it a good mix with icing sugar until it’s as smooth as, well, butter. After that, a suitable serving of brandy is added to the mix. When all three ingredients are well combined, the brandy butter is all ready to be popped into the fridge until it’s served!
So this year, back British farmers and get your hands on some boozy butter, just in time for your Christmas treats and sweets. Here are just a few of the ways you can enjoy it.
The best brandy butter uses for Christmas time
- On hot toast. If boozy breakfasts are your thing, then this is an absolutely divine way to start the day. If you ask us, we’d recommend trying it with our deliciously freshly baked Sanetra sourdough.
- Mince pies! This is the one most people think of. Warm up a heavenly mince pie and pop a dollop of this with them.
- Ditch the cream and live the dream. Use it instead of cream on any warm pudding really. Fruit pies, Christmas pudding, you name it, it’ll enhance it!
- Stewed fruit. If that’s your thing, brandy butter is perfect.
- Hot pancakes. Mmmmm. Is your mouth watering already?
- Into weird and wonderful? Then wrap a peeled Satsuma, 1 teaspoon of brandy butter and a pinch of mixed spices in some tin foil and bake in the oven for ten minutes.
Join our milkround
Now that you know all of the best brandy butter uses for Christmas time, you’re probably gonna want to try all these delicious combos out before the big day’s over. If only there was a sustainable delivery service in your area that could provide you with all of the fresh goods you could possibly need to enjoy with your brandy butter… Oh, wait.
Get started and join our milkround now by signing up, placing at least one repeat order and choosing your delivery days! We drop our range of deliciously fresh groceries and household essentials on your doorstep up to three times a week. Whether you’re relying on our coffee subscription to keep you warm on the cold winter mornings or need a bakery delivery to enjoy with your butter, we make every delivery day feel like Christmas.