Our fancy new Milk Box for your doorstep has arrived, and it’s the best cardboard cut-out since your mum bought that life-size Robbie Williams off eBay back in the early noughties.
Made from double insulated, 100% recyclable and home-compostable cardboard, our milk box is the most efficient and affordable way to beat the heat with your doorstep deliveries.
Construct your Milk Box for your doorstep
Follow our instructions to keep your plastic free produce chillin’ in a box, chillin’ in a cardboard box.
The outer box:
- Establish your pieces. One will have printed wording on, the other will not. The printed piece of cardboard is your outer layer.
- Place the outer layer flat on the floor, ensuring the QR code is facing upwards.
- The area with the QR code should be on the bottom (closest to you), so it’s upside down. This is your lid.
- Fold the flaps around the lid (the panel with the QR code) inwards, allowing the longer side pieces to curl inwards at the bottom to make your lid.
- Bring up the sides to start building the main part of the box, making sure the small flaps are on the inside of the box.
- Fold over the longer flaps to secure the structure.
- Place the inner liner on its side and slot it into the box.
How to beat the heat with your fancy new Milk Box for your doorstep
Once you’ve constructed your new coolbox, complete these simple steps to get it up and running on your doorstep:
- Place an ice pack or metal bottle half-filled with frozen water inside of your Milk Box.
- Put the Milk Box on your doorstep the night before your next delivery, and update your delivery instructions.
- Leave your empties on the outside. Your Milk box is for VIPs only – that’s Very Important Produce, by the way.
- Your milkie will collect your empties and place your new items in the Milk Box, ready for you to bring it back indoors along with your tasty, fresh new groceries in the morning.
What to do when your box becomes an ex-box
Unlike plastic, cardboard doesn’t last forever, making it much better for the environment. This does, however, mean that your cardboard Milk Box will last roughly 2-4 weeks before it’s defeated by condensation.
The good news is that, once your Milk Box for your doorstep becomes an ex-box (and not the fun video game type), you can chuck it straight in your recycling or cut it up and put it in your home compost, because it’s made of 100% cardboard!
- Place an ice pack or metal bottle half-filled with frozen water inside of your milkbox.
- Put the milkbox on your doorstep the night before your next delivery. And don’t forget to update your delivery instructions!
- Leave your empties on the outside. Your milkbox is VIP-only (Very Important Produce).
- Your milkie will collect your empties and place your tasty new groceries in the milkbox, ready for you to bring back indoors in the morning.
Read our guide for more tips on how to keep your milk cool on your doorstep.
Great for you, your deliveries, and the planet!
Unlike plastic, cardboard doesn’t last forever. This makes it much better for the environment, but does mean your cardboard milkbox will last roughly 2-4 weeks before it’s defeated by condensation.
However, once your milkbox becomes an ex-box (and not the fun video game type), you can chuck it straight in your recycling or cut it up and put it in your home compost, because it’s made of 100% cardboard!
Join our milkround
What’s a Milk box for your doorstep without a milk delivery, hey? Whether you’re looking for a sustainable doorstep milk delivery or are after a range of other household essentials, our milkies are happy to help. Get started now by placing at least one repeat weekly order with us, choosing the delivery dates that best suit your schedule and we’ll be over before you know it. With deliveries as often as three times per week, you can rely on us for all of your waste free grocery needs.