Barbecued broccoli – not to be confused with James Bond producer Barbara Broccoli – is an amazingly tasty dish that can be made in just a few simple steps.
Think you’ve got the griller instinct? Put your skills to the test with our plastic free, grilled, barbecue broccoli recipe.
Grilled barbecue broccoli recipe
- • Broccoli (well, duh!)
- • Salt and pepper
- • Crushed chilli flakes
- • x2 tablespoon of olive oil
- • x1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- • x2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
This recipe is for around 300g of broccoli, and you can use regular, purple sprouting or tenderstem.
How to barbecue and grill broccoli
This plastic free recipe is an awesome way to reduce food waste if you have leftover broccoli from your last roast.
Complete these instructions, and you’ll have flourishing, fiery florets in no time.
- 1. Whisk together your soy sauce, oil, salt, pepper, chilli flakes and crushed garlic.
- 2. Toss the broccoli in your newly made glaze and let it soak for ten minutes.
- 3. Place your broccoli on the barbecue and grill for around eight minutes, rotating and flipping the florest every few minutes.
- 4. Once your broccoli’s nice and charred, season with a bit more salt. For extra flavour, we recommend a bit of lemon juice and sprinkled parmesan.
Try more delicious veggie and vegan BBQ ideas
Like our chargrilled broccoli recipe? You ain’t seen nothin’ yet! Check out our blog to take a deep and tasty dive into our many other plastic free barbecue recipes!