Pow! Wham! Boom! Zap! Ready for a kitchen caper like no other? With its crispy crust and sweet filling, our Corn Flake Tart packs a crunch so sustainable, waste won’t know what hit it.
And our hero of the flour? You guessed it! The mighty corn flake, of course – delivered straight to your doorstep in refillable pots by our trusty milkround.
So, if you’ve got your sustainably packaged ingredients at the ready, there’s only one thing left to say, Corn Flake Tart Squad, roll out!
- – 320g ready-rolled shortcrust pastry
- – Dusting of plain flour
- – 50g butter
- – 125g golden syrup
- – 25g sugar
- – Pinch of salt
- – 100g corn flakes
- – 125g strawberry jam
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- 2. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and place it in a tart tin. Trim the excess pastry, leaving just a small amount overlapping the rim.
- 3. Line the pastry with baking parchment and fill with baking beans or uncooked rice. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove the parchment and beans and bake for another 5-10 minutes until golden. Trim any excess pastry from the edges.
- 4. While the pastry is baking, melt the butter, golden syrup, sugar, and a pinch of salt in a small pan over medium heat. Stir frequently, until melted and smooth then carefully fold in the corn flakes to coat them in the mixture.
- 5. Spoon the jam into the cooked pastry base, level the surface, then top with corn flake mixture. Bake for 5 minutes until golden.
- 6. Let the tart cool until just warm before slicing and serving with cream or custard. Enjoy!
Make meals on the fly
And let the zero waste adventures continue with these quick and easy recipes: