Love garlic? Love herbs? Love All Things Butter? Well, you’ve come to the right place. We’re about to take your toast to the next level.
This garlic and herb butter mushrooms on toast recipe is a slice of herby heaven. Made with ingredients that can be delivered straight to your doorstep on our round, it’s a delicious way to churn heads at the brunch table.
What is garlic and herb butter made of?
Garlic and herb butter is a flavourful spread that adds a zesty twist to many dishes. It typically consists of unsalted butter, fresh garlic, and a selection of herbs like parsley, thyme, rosemary, chives, or dill.
In this recipe, we’ve used a flavoured butter masterminded by social media superstar and TikTok’s King of Butter, Thomas Straker. The newest addition to his All Things Butter collection, his Garlic & herb unsalted organic butter is made with refreshing parsley, aromatic garlic, tangy lemon and sharp mint. Chefs kiss!
What you’ll need to make garlic and herb mushrooms
- – 500g mixed mushrooms
- – 50g Garlic & herb butter
- – 2 tbsp double cream
- – 4 slices of sourdough (to serve)
- – Handful of fresh flatleaf parsley (to serve)
If you’re part of our eco-milkround already, you’ll be able to get most of these ingredients delivered straight to your doorstep before 7:30am. In plenty of time for brunch! And if you love the sound of our doorstep deliveries, take a look at our Modern Milkman locations and find out if our milkies are in your area.
How to make garlic and herb mushrooms
- Chop the mushrooms into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the chopped mushrooms to the pan. Increase the heat to high and cook for about 4-5 minutes. Stir occasionally until the mushrooms are golden brown and tender.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, toast the sourdough.
- Lower the heat to medium and stir in the cream to the mushroom mixture. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Top each slice of sourdough with the creamy garlic and herb mushrooms and enjoy your delicious creation.
Spread your culinary wings
If our garlic and her butter mushroom recipe melted your heart, there’s plenty more where that came from! Our sustainability blog is packed full of culinary creations. And it’s not just about indulgent treats, but tasty techniques to reduce food waste too. From tips to turning trimmings into tantilising titbits to creative ways to make leftovers the star of your next meal, take a look at a few of our fave recipes here.
- Simple Potato Hash, Avo and Eggs Recipe
- Comforting Autumn Recipes: Pumpkin Harvest Soup
- Combat Food Waste with Our Hashbrown Recipe
- Combat Food Waste with Our Bread and Butter Pudding Recipe
Join our milkround
We deliver a range of sustainable and plastic free products straight to your doorstep, up to three times a week. Joining our milkround is as simple as signing up, placing at least one repeat order and picking your delivery days.
Wanna find out more about doorstep grocery deliveries before getting started? Check out our mission or find out exactly how the magic happens.