O come, all ye thirsty! Grab our eggnog bundle and whip up a delicious drink that will have everyone feeling merry and bright in no time.
So, if you’re ready to hear glasses jingling, taste spices mingling and feel the Christmas spirit kindling, settle in. You’re about to become the eco-conscious eggnog expert. Try sayin’ that after a few nogs!
What is eggnog?
Eggnog is a festive favourite made by merrily mixing eggs, milk and sugar together. It’s often given an extra kick by adding spirits like rum or brandy and dusted with nutmeg and cinnamon.
Easy to make, eggnog captures the essence of holiday comforts. With just a sip, you’ll be stepping into Christmas faster than Santa slides down a soot-free chimney.
How do you make eggnog?
- – 6 eggs, separated
- – 150g sugar
- – 1 pint of whole milk
- – 400ml fresh double cream
- – 300ml rum, bourbon or brandy
- – Nutmeg, to serve
With the help of our eco-conscious milkround, you can get all the ingredients for a classic eggnog on your doorstep sans waste. If you’d like to add an extra kick, the only thing you’ll need to fetch is your favourite festive tipple and a dash of nutmeg or cinnamon. It is Christmas, after all.
- 1. Grab a bowl and whisk together the egg yolks with 100g of sugar until they turn pale yellow in colour and thick.
- 2. Stir in the milk, double cream, and your favourite rum, bourbon or brandy, followed by a sprinkling of grated nutmeg.
- 3. In another bowl, use an electric mixer to whisk the egg whites until they’re foamy and opaque. Slowly add 50g of sugar while whisking until you get soft peaks.
- 4. Time to mix everything up! Carefully fold the egg whites into your yolk mixture until combined.
- 5. Serve your homemade eggnog in glass tumblers with a sprinkle of freshly grated nutmeg on top.
Step into Christmas sustainably
If our eggnog recipe has stirred your sustainable Christmas spirit, we’ve plenty more eco-conscious ideas under our tree. From homemade decorations to hot chocolate bomb recipes, check them out here.