This creamy eggnog recipe will get you in the party mood this Christmas, even if the guest list is a bit thin on the ground.
- 6 of our medium free-range eggs, separated
- 150g of golden caster sugar
- One pint of our whole milk
- 400ml of our fresh double cream (save some for your mince pies)
- 300ml rum, bourbon or a mixture of the two
- freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
- Whisk your egg yolks in a bowl with 100g of the caster sugar, until the mixture is pale yellow and thick.
- Stir in the milk, double cream and your rum or bourbon, and add a bit of grated nutmeg.
- Whisk the egg whites with an electric mixer until they are foamy and opaque and add the remaining 50g of caster sugar. Then whisk some more until soft peaks form
- Pour the egg liquid into a large bowl and fold the egg whites in until the mixture is well combined.
- Ladle the eggnog into glass tumblers and serve with a little freshly grated nutmeg.
We hope you enjoy this Christmas classic and don’t get too eggless. Remember to add extra eggs, milk and cream to your order.