This creamy eggnog recipe will get you in the party mood this Christmas, even if the guest list is a bit thin on the ground.
- 6 of our medium free-range eggs, separated
- 150g of golden caster sugar
- One pint of our whole milk
- 400ml of our fresh double cream (save some for your mince pies)
- 300ml rum, bourbon or a mixture of the two
- freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
- Whisk your egg yolks in a bowl with 100g of the caster sugar, until the mixture is pale yellow and thick.
- Stir in the milk, double cream and your rum or bourbon, and add a bit of grated nutmeg.
- Whisk the egg whites with an electric mixer until they are foamy and opaque and add the remaining 50g of caster sugar. Then whisk some more until soft peaks form
- Pour the egg liquid into a large bowl and fold the egg whites in until the mixture is well combined.
- Ladle the eggnog into glass tumblers and serve with a little freshly grated nutmeg.
We hope you enjoy this Christmas classic and don’t get too eggless. Remember to add extra eggs, milk and cream to your order.
Looking for more waste-reducing recipes?
- • Hot cross buns recipe
- • Winter soup recipe
- • Creamy Boulangère potato recipe
- • Carrot and beetroot salad recipe
- • Overnight oats recipe
- • Apple sauce recipe
- • Plastic free BBQ
- • What to do with Christmas leftovers
- • Homemade hash brown recipe
- • Brandy butter recipes
- • Vegetable pie recipe
- • Bread and butter pudding recipe
- • Hot chocolate recipe