Burgers shmurgers! Grilled, barbecued vegetables are where the real party’s at. Looking for summery veggie and vegan BBQ ideas? Look no further than our eco-friendly, Mediterranean grilled barbecue veg recipe.
Simple, easy and delicious, this plastic free recipe ticks all the right boxes. AND it’s also an awesome way of reducing food waste if you have lots of leftover greens.
Grilled BBQ vegetables recipe:
This grilled BBQ veg recipe can be made using our Med Veg Bundle, which includes red onion, tomatoes, courgettes and peppers.
Here’s a full list of ingredients you can lob together on the grill. Feel free to pick and choose from as many glorious veggies as you like!
- • Olive oil (preferably spray on)
- • Salt and pepper
- • Oregano
- • Mint
- • Basil
- • Peppers
- • Courgettes
- • Red onions
- • Asparagus
- • Broccoli
- • Tomatoes
- • Mushrooms
- • Carrots
- • Cauliflower
How to grill the perfect veggies
- 1. Chop your veggies into slices that are around 3cm thick.
- 2. Spray or drizzle your veggies with a few tablespoons of olive oil. Do this BEFORE adding to the grill, otherwise you could lose your eyebrows!
- 3. Season with salt, pepper and herbs.
- 4. Wait for your barbecue to heat up, before placing your veggies on the grill.
- 5. Close the lid and cook for roughly ten minutes, turning and rotating your veg half way through.
Remember to continually check your grilled BBQ veg. You want them charred, not cremated!