We know Easter is all about chocolate bunnies and sweet treats, but it’s always good to sneak in a veggie or two for your Easter dinner. Our carrot and beetroot salad is the perfect side to any roast, and includes ingredients you can get on your own milkround. Our sweet carrots and earthy beetroots compliment the zesty orange perfectly, and is a great addition to any spring dinner.
Farm fresh veg
Our veg may look a little wonky, but that’s because we don’t believe in throwing away produce because it looks a little different – that’s what veg is supposed to look like! It also supports independent farmers in the process, as they’re able to use all of their delicious and fresh veggies. And, since everything is delivered in paper bags, all you have to do is stick it into your recycling or home compost bin when you’re done, so nothing is thrown into landfill, and the planet stays that much greener.
Now, without further ado, here’s our recipe for zesty carrot and beetroot salad! It’s so good, even your kiddos will want to try it.
500 g carrots
1 ½ beetroots
Drizzle of olive oil
1 tbsp sesame seeds
Sprigs of fresh coriander
- 1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400ºF/gas 6.
- 2. Cut the carrots in half and chop the beetroot into wedges.
- 3. Place the carrots and beetroot onto a large roasting tray, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Roast for 30 to 40 minutes.
- 4. Once the carrots and beetroot are done roasting, leave them to cool.
- 5. Toast the sesame seeds in a pan on low heat for a couple of minutes or until golden.
- 6. Roughly chop the coriander leaves
- 7. Take your orange, grate the orange zest, and then cut the fruit into segments.
- 8. Toss the orange zest and orange segments in with the veggies. Add another drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper and incorporate it through the salad.
- 9. Arrange on a large patter, and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and fresh coriander.
- 10. Enjoy!
Discover more scrumptious recipes
From sweet treats to mouthwatering mains, try out the waste-reducing recipes you can make using our eco-friendly groceries: