We know Easter is all about chocolate bunnies and sweet treats, but it’s always good to sneak in a veggie or two for your Easter dinner. Our carrot and beetroot salad is the perfect side to any roast and includes ingredients you can get on your own milkround. Our sweet carrots complement the zesty orange and earthy beetroots perfectly and are a great addition to any spring dinner.
Farm fresh veg
Our veg may look a little wonky, but that’s because we don’t believe in throwing away produce because it looks a little different – that’s what veg is supposed to look like! It also supports independent farmers in the process, as they’re able to use all of their delicious and fresh veggies. Anyway, you won’t even notice any extra lumps and bumps once it’s all chopped in your carrot and beetroot salad.
Carrot and beetroot salad recipe
Now, without further ado, here’s our recipe for zesty carrot and beetroot salad! It’s so good, even your kiddos will want to try it.
- – 500 g carrots
- – 1 ½ beetroots
- – Drizzle of olive oil
- – 1 orange
- – 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- – Sprigs of fresh coriander
- 1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400ºF/gas 6.
- 2. Cut the carrots in half and chop the beetroot into wedges.
- 3. Place the carrots and beetroot onto a large roasting tray, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Roast for 30 to 40 minutes.
- 4. Once the carrots and beetroot are done roasting, leave them to cool.
- 5. Toast the sesame seeds in a pan on low heat for a couple of minutes or until golden.
- 6. Roughly chop the coriander leaves
- 7. Take your orange, grate the orange zest, and then cut the fruit into segments.
- 8. Toss the orange zest and orange segments in with the veggies. Add another drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper and incorporate it through the salad.
- 9. Arrange on a large platter, and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and fresh coriander.
- 10. Enjoy!
Discover more scrumptious recipes
If you enjoyed our carrot and beetroot salad you’ll love our other recipes. From sweet treats to mouth-watering mains, try the waste-reducing recipes you can make using our eco-friendly grocery delivery, before downloading the best food waste apps:
- – Overnight oats recipe
- – Cauliflower stalk and leaf recipes
- – Apple sauce recipe
- – Homemade hash brown recipe
- – Vegetable pie recipe
- – Bread and butter pudding recipe
- – Hot chocolate recipe
Join our milkround
If you’re hungry for convenience, sustainability, and delicious food, you’ll love what we have on offer. Our mission is to reduce waste by making the switch to sustainable shopping as easy as possible. That’s why all our packaging is either returnable, reusable, recyclable or home-compostable – to turn landfills into land-empties.
Sign up to our milkround and you’ll get waste-fighting groceries and essentials on your doorstep before 7.30am. And with our milk delivery and egg delivery up to three times a week, you’ll never have a milk-less morning or egg-less evening again.