Easter weekend is right around the corner! Are you ready to make the perfect Sunday dinner? If you’re still looking for a delicious side, why not try our recipe for Boulangère potatoes. It’ll have everyone grabbing for seconds, and the recipe uses potatoes and onions from your very own milkround.
Farm fresh veg
Our veg may look a little wonky, but that’s because we don’t believe in throwing away produce because it looks a little different – that’s what veg is supposed to look like! It also supports independent farmers in the process, as they’re able to use all of their delicious and fresh veggies. And, since everything is delivered in paper bags, all you have to do is stick it into your recycling or home compost bin when you’re done, so nothing is thrown into landfill, and the planet stays that much greener.
Now, without further ado, here’s the recipe for our Boulangère potatoes. They’re creamy, crispy, and the perfect pairing to any roast.
1.5 kg potatoes
A few sprigs of fresh thyme
400 ml vegetable stock
1 knob of butter
50g parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4.
- 2. Peel the potatoes. Then, with a sharp nice, thinly slice them. We also recommend using a mandolin if you have one to help with the slicing.
- 3. Next, peel the onions, cut them in half, and then thinly slice them.
- 4. Place a layer of sliced potatoes in a baking dish, followed by a layer of sliced onions, a few sprinkles of thyme, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- 5. Continue layering the potatoes, onions, and light seasoning in the baking dish.
- 6. For the top layer, arrange with a layer of potatoes that are overlapping each other.
- 7. Next, pour the stock over the potatoes and onions, sprinkle a little salt, pepper, and thyme, and then grate the parmesan over the top.
- 8. Dot the top with little globs of butter.
- 9. Bake for 1 hour, or until the top is golden brown and the potatoes are cooked through.
- 10. Enjoy!
Taste food, don’t waste food
Like this scrumptious recipe? There’s plenty more where that came from! Dive into our tasty waste-reducing recipes before checking out the best anti-food waste apps!