Love, respect and protect our parks this summer
Love Parks Week is the perfect opportunity for people and communities to show appreciation for their local parks. Our parks provide a haven for adults to exercise, children to play, dogs to stretch their legs, and everyone to chill out and enjoy the fresh air. And if lockdown taught us anything, it was to value these green oases within our bustling cities.
Keep our green spaces clean
The best way to love your local parks is to take your litter home with you. You also be helping the volunteers and workers up and down the country who maintain and protect our green spaces. In 2022, Keep Britain Tidy mobilised an army of volunteers for The Great British Spring Clean, and they collected nearly half a million bags of litter. These guys are all heroes in our eyes!
The Great British Spring Clean 2022 collected 449,406 bags of litter
Our top five tips to protect our parks
To celebrate Love Parks Week, we’re sharing our top five tips to protect our parks, whilst making the most of the summer and our wonderful green spaces.
- • Take a bag to collect your rubbish when you leave
- • Download Litterati app to collect, photograph and log litter
- • BBQs scorch grass and cause fires, so take pre-cooked food
- • Return and reuse packaging cuts down on plastic waste
- • Try our plastic free picnic and summer mocktail recipes
All we need now is the weather…