Pop, pop, and away! With lightning-fast prep time and super-powered simplicity, our delicious rice pop cakes recipe will take your baking glory to new heights.
You’ll be popping back for seconds faster than Clark Kent to a phone booth.
- – 100g milk chocolate, broken up
- – 50g dark chocolate, broken up
- – 100g butter
- – 4 tbsp golden syrup
- – 100g rice pops
- – 50g toppings of your choice
- 1. Melt the chocolate, butter, and golden syrup together in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water (without letting the bowl touch the water) or in the microwave using 10-second bursts. Stir until smooth.
- 2. Remove from the heat and stir in the rice pops, making sure they’re completely coated with the chocolate mixture.
- 3. Divide the mixture between 9 cupcake cases or 12 fairy cake cases placed in a muffin tin. Leave to set for at least an hour, or in the fridge to set faster.
- 4. Once set, drizzle with melted chocolate, and decorate with your chosen toppings while the chocolate is still runny.
When it comes to adding toppings to your rice pop cakes, the sky’s the limit. Try adding mini marshmallows, chocolate buttons, or even chopped nuts for a tasty crunch. Just let your imagination soar.
Not quite ready to take off your cooking cape?
Our other zero waste recipes will have you flying back into the kitchen again. Here’s some of our top recommendations: