Not to sound too dramatic, but…the fate of the planet rests in your hands! Or should we say your mixing bowls?
Our Fast Honey Flapjacks recipe is a delicious weapon against waste. And just like the Avengers without the spandex, we’ve assembled everything you need to make them in our sustainably packaged Flapjack Recipe Bundle. Containing all four ingredients in a range of returnable, refillable, and home compostable packaging, the only thing you need to add, is your finest baking cape. We’d say ‘pinny’, but that doesn’t sound as epic.
So, let’s find out how we can whisk away waste, bake a difference, and scoff some sweet, sustainable flapjacks.
Honey flapjack recipe
- 1. Preheat your oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4, and butter a 30 x 15cm tin.
- 2. In a pan, melt the butter, sugar, and honey over medium heat until smooth.
- 3. In a mixing bowl, pour the melted mixture over the oats and stir until everything’s coated.
- 4. Tip the mixture into the prepared tin, then use a spatula or the back of a spoon to spread it out evenly.
- 5. Cook for 10–15 mins until it’s lightly golden.
- 6. Remove from the oven and let it cool in the tin before cutting into squares.
- 7. Eat and enjoy!
With great ingredients comes great sustainability
Once you’ve finished making your honey flapjack recipe, you can decant any leftover sugar and leave the zero-waste, returnable, refillable pot on your doorstep for your milkie to collect and reuse. Our glass honey jar is recyclable, and the porridge packaging is home-compostable if you want to channel your inner Green-fingered Lantern.
Wow! You’ve just been a return and reuse hero. And you didn’t even have to wear your underpants over your trousers to do it.
More sustainable recipes to tickle your fancy
If you loved our honey flapjack recipe as much as we do, check out these zero-waste recipes for more mighty mealtimes:
- – Plastic Free Ice Lollies
- – Apple and Pear Smoothie
- – Blueberry Pancakes
- – Bread and Butter Pudding
- – Overnight Oats
Join our milkround
If you’re hungry for convenience, sustainability, and delicious food, you’ll love what we have on offer. Our mission is to reduce waste by making the switch to planet-protecting produce as easy as possible. That’s why all our packaging is either returnable, reusable, recyclable or home-compostable – to turn landfills into land-empties.
Join our milkround and you’ll get waste-fighting groceries and essentials on your doorstep before 7.30am. And with our milk delivery and egg delivery up to three times a week, you’ll never have a milk-less morning or egg-less evening again.