What do royals eat for brunch? Chicken crown? Sovereign sirloin steaks? Monarch’s Meatloaf? Royal Ravioli? It’s one-liner heaven! Turns out, the answer is something simple yet satisfying – cheesy baked eggs – a favourite of none other than King Charles himself.
And who can blame him? With its creamy cheese and energising eggs all baked together, it’s easy to feel like culinary royalty with this recipe. And it’s even easier to create when you can get most of the ingredients delivered to your palace doorstep, plastic free.
So, grab your most regal novelty apron, channel your inner Ainsley Harriott, and let’s ready, steady, cook!
- – 100g wilted spinach
- – 1 cherry tomato or sundried tomatoes
- – 35g of strong, soft cheese (Brie or Blue Cheese)
- – 1 egg
- – 80ml double cream
- 1. Butter a small oven-proof dish and line with wilted spinach.
- 2. Place the tomatoes and soft cheese in the centre of the dish on top of the spinach.
- 4. Sprinkle with the grated hard cheese, then bake in the oven at 180C for 10–15 minutes until golden brown on top and the eggs are cooked.
Et voilà! A royally delicious cheesy baked egg recipe so regal you’ll want it served on a silver platter. Well, kinda!
Want to add more recipes to your royal repertoire?
If you’re looking for more delicious meals to help you rule your kitchen sustainably, check out our king-size recipe collection. Using mostly ingredients from our milkround, each one is a tasty way to support sustainable farming and reduce plastic waste. Who needs chicken crowns and sovereign sirloins when you can get started with these decadent dishes?