As our fruit and veg bags are hitting our milkrounds, we wanted to share some ways you can get the most out of our seasonal produce. So right now, enjoy fresh apples and pears blended into a creamy, sweet, and nutritious smoothie! Plus, with all your fresh produce delivered to your door in recyclable paper bags, you can help save the planet all while getting in your five-a-day.
What you’ll need:
1 ripe banana (the more ripe, the better!)
1 cup milk of choice (we love our semi-skimmed or oat drink the best!)
¼ cup Real Oaty porridge oats
1 tablespoon honey (or sweetener of choice)
½ teaspoon cinnamon
What to do:
- 1. Cut up your apple and pear and place any core or stems into your compost bin.
- 2. Place all the ingredients into a blender and blend until creamy and smooth.
- 3. Pour out into a cup, and enjoy!
Want to make it extra-special?
- – Substitute cinnamon for some immune-boosting ginger – only a teaspoon should do!
- – Add a handful of spinach or kale for extra nutrients
- – For those extra-busy days, add a spoonful of your favourite nut butter (peanut is our fave)! Not only does it contain healthy protein, but it’ll help you stay full for longer.
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do!