We’ve got to admit, when it comes to tasty food combos, it doesn’t get much better than blueberries and pancakes! Like peanut butter and jelly or salt and caramel, it’s a match made in heaven.
This blueberry pancakes recipe is a fantastic way to use our farm-fresh eggs delivered in plastic free packaging! With every delicious, juicy batch you serve up, they’ll make everyone at the breakfast table ‘ooh’ and ‘ahh’. Especially since they’ll be planet-protecting pancakes, too!
Blueberry pancakes recipe
- – 140g Plain flour
- – 1 ½ tsp Baking powder
- – 2 Perfectly Different Eggs (bonus points if you use the blue ones!)
- – 30g Melted Salted Butter
- – 140g Semi-Skimmed Milk
- – 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- – ¼ tsp Salt
- – 200g Fresh or frozen blueberries
- – 30g Golden caster sugar
- – 1 tsp Water
- 1. Add the blueberries, sugar and water to a small saucepan and heat while stirring until the blueberries start to break down. Bring to a simmer and continue to cook for 5 minutes, until the blueberries look like a jam. Remove from the heat and set aside and allow to cool.
- 2. In a bowl, add the flour, baking powder and salt, and mix together.
- 3. Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture, and add eggs and 2/3rds of the milk. Gently whisk together until combined (don’t over mix!).
- 4. Add the melted butter, lemon juice, and remaining milk and continue to gently mix.
- 5. Fold in your blueberry mixture.
- 6. Heat the frying pan on a medium/low heat for a few minutes until it’s up to a constant temperature. Add a bit of butter to the pan so the pancake doesn’t stick.
- 7. Once your pan is at a nice temperature, you can either make a tiny test pancake to see if the temperature is just right, or you can go ahead and start spooning the batter into the pan (these are homemade after all, so they’re allowed to be perfectly different!).
- 8. When spooning in the batter, you can use about ¼ cup of batter per pancake.
- 9. Cook for 1 to 1 ½ minutes on each side until it turns a nice golden brown on the edges and middle. A good tip is to watch for bubbles – the more bubbles, the more cooked it is.
- 10. While you cook the rest of the pancakes, keep the already made ones in a low pre-heated oven so they stay warm.
- 11. Top your pancakes with whatever you want! We opted for blueberries, honey, and powdered sugar.
- 12. Enjoy!
We hope you and your loved ones enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
Wipe out waste in the kitchen
We know you’ll love our blueberry pancake recipe. So, while you’re here, try our waste-reducing recipes to become an eco-culinary master:
- • Bread and butter pudding
- • Creamy Boulangère potato recipe
- • Zesty carrot and beetroot salad recipe
- • Carrot and beetroot salad recipe
- • Decadent hot chocolate recipe
- • Rustic apple sauce recipe
- • Crispy hash brown recipe
Join our milkround
If you’re hungry for convenience, sustainability, and delicious food, you’ll love what we have on offer. Our mission is to reduce waste by making the switch to sustainable shopping as easy as possible. That’s why all our packaging is either returnable, reusable, recyclable or home-compostable – to turn landfills into land-empties.
Sign up to our milkround and you’ll get waste-fighting groceries and essentials on your doorstep before 7.30am. And with our milk delivery and egg delivery up to three times a week, you’ll never have a milk-less morning or egg-less evening again.