Have you tried our 6 perfectly different eggs yet? We can’t get enough of them! So, we created a recipe to match how showstopping they are, complete with ingredients you can get with your delivery. Our 6 Perfectly Different Eggs are delivered in recyclable packaging, and our double cream is delivered in glass bottles which you can pop on your doorstep for us to collect and make sure they’re properly recycled. So there’s no plastic in sight! Try this recipe for a weekend treat or make an otherwise uneventful weekday a bit more special. Let’s get started…
Here’s what you’ll need:
60g (4 tbsp) Double Cream
½ tsp Vanilla Extract
½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
2 Slices White Bloomer
20g Salted Butter
Icing Sugar (for dusting)
Fresh strawberries (for a topping)
Maple Syrup (for a topping)
Non-stick frying pan
Spatula to turn in pan
Small sieve for dusting
- 1. In a large bowl, add the eggs, double cream, vanilla, and cinnamon and whisk until smooth.
- 2. Dunk the bread slices into the egg mixture so that the bread is completely coated. Soak for five minutes (or six if you want to be perfectly different).
- 3. Heat the frying pan on medium heat and add the butter. Wait until it’s completely melted and a bit bubbly, then place your soaked bread slices in the pan (be careful not to let the butter burn).
- 4. Cook for 5-6 minutes until golden brown, flipping occasionally.
- 5. Plate your slices, then add a dusting of icing sugar to taste. Get creative with your toppings – use fresh fruit, such as strawberries, and a generous helping of maple syrup.
- 6. Enjoy!
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do!