We can’t guarantee sunshine or rainbows this summer, but we can help you make a delicious, eco-friendly ice lolly.
Our summer ice lolly recipe is as cold as ice and a plastic free paradise. Made using return and reuse glass-bottled drinks, these fab ice lollies are up there with the most thirst-quenching and refreshing summer treats. They’re as tasty as they are environmentally savvy, a real winner all around! So, lickety-split! Dive into a world of icy wonder with your favourite ice lolly.
Why plastic free?
Just 12% of plastic thrown away each week is recycled, with the rest either buried in landfill, shipped overseas or incinerated. Recycling isn’t enough, it’s best to go plastic free wherever possible. Our mission is to make this lifestyle change as easy as possible for you.
This tasty, plastic free frozen treat will help you beat the summer heat, without melting the planet or breaking the bank.
Plastic free ice lolly recipe:
Ingredients (for x12 ice lollies):
- – x1 muffin tray
- – x12 wooden or reusable silicone lolly sticks
- – Fruit juice, milkshakes or yoghurt
Did you know we collect and reuse or recycle our glass drinks bottles? Our returnable glass-bottled drinks include a wide range of flavours, all of which taste amazing as ice lollies. Even if we do say so ourselves…
Find your new fave flavour from our top recommendations:
- – Freshly squeezed orange juice
- – Chocoloato – Chocolate Oat Drink
- – Iced coffee milkshake
- – Banana milkshake
- – Apple juice
- – Pineapple juice
- – Strawberry milkshake
- – Luxury peach & apricot yoghurt
- 1. Pour your fruit juice or milkshake evenly into your muffin tray moulds.
- 2. Place carefully in your freezer – ideally on a level surface.
- 3. Wait an hour. If your popsicles are beginning to freeze and are no longer liquid, push a popsicle stick into each of your moulds.
- 4. Wait at least another three hours, or until your moulds are frozen solid. For the best ice lollies, we recommend leaving overnight.
- 5. Once they’ve frozen solid, you can remove each one from its mould. If they start to stick, you can use a knife to gradually and carefully remove them from the tray.
- 6. Enjoy!
Bonus tip: If you want to throw in some extra fruity flavour, why not chop up some fresh fruit and sprinkle it in your muffin moulds?
Or, if you really want to push the boat out, chop up some sweet treats and combine them with a milkshake base. We’d recommend Chocoloato – Chocolate Oat Drink with Vegan dark chocolate brownie chunks really to impress your vegan friends.
Whatever you fancy, the possibilities are endless with this ice lolly recipe, so, ready, steady, freeze!
Looking for more plastic free summer recipes? Check these out for a tasty, sustainable summer:
- – Summer fruit salad recipe
- – Summer mocktail recipes
- – Picnic recipes
- – Cauliflower leaf recipes
- – Apple and pear smoothie recipe
- – Beetroot leaf recipes
- – BBQ recipes
How our milkround works
If you’re looking for a sustainable way to shop and reduce household waste, you’re in the right place. Our dedicated milkies deliver your fresh household staples straight to your door up to three times a week. From bread delivery to a coffee subscription, breakfast box delivery to soft drinks delivered to your door the best part is that any packaging that isn’t returnable is plastic free and either recyclable or home-compostable. Fuss-free, plastic free shopping has never been easier!
Want the inside scoop on how the magic happens? Check out our website today and join our moo-vement!