Already dreading the question, ‘What’s for dinner?’ While we all love beans on a jacket spud, sometimes it’s nice to spice things up. And with this easy fajita recipe, there’ll be smiles all around once you’ve whipped these tasty wraps up. So, forget taco Tuesdays, say hello to fajita Fridays. Easy-peasy lime squeezy.
Before you get started, you can pick up some of the ingredients for this easy fajita recipe from our milkround. All our veg comes in brown paper bags that can be recycled or home-composted to help turn landfills into land-empties. Who doesn’t want that, right?
Easy fajita recipe
- – 1 bell pepper
- – 1 red or white onion
- – 1 clove of garlic
- – 2 chicken breasts
- – 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- – 1 pinch of cumin
- – Olive oil
- – Salt and pepper (to taste)
- – Tortillas
- – Toppings (optional) – soured cream, guacamole, salsa
- 1. Cut the chicken breast into long strips.
- 2. Cut the bell pepper into strips as well.
- 3. Slice the red onion.
- 4. Finely chop garlic clove.
- 5. Place the chicken, bell pepper, onion, and garlic into a bowl with the smoked paprika, cumin, drizzle of olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- 6. Toss it all together and let it marinate for around five minutes.
- 7. In a pan, drizzle in some oil and when it gets to medium heat, throw in your chicken and veggie mix.
- 8. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
- 9. Warm tortillas in the microwave or on a dry pan.
- 10. Place a healthy scoop of the fajita mix onto the tortilla and add your favourite toppings.
- 11. Enjoy!
Ready for more?
We hope this easy fajita recipe spices up your midweek meals! Wondering what other eco-friendly recipes you can easily bash together in your kitchen? Check out our top recommendations:
- – Summer fruit salad recipe
- – Summer mocktail recipes
- – Homemade hash brown recipe
- – Vegetable pie recipe
- – Picnic recipes
- – Hot chocolate recipe
- – Cauliflower leaf recipes
Join our milkround
If you’re hungry for convenience, sustainability, and delicious food, you’ll love what we have on offer. Our mission is to reduce waste by making the switch to sustainable shopping as easy as possible. That’s why all our packaging is either returnable, reusable, recyclable or home-compostable.
Sign up to our milkround and you’ll get waste-fighting groceries and essentials on your doorstep before 7.30am. And with deliveries up to three times a week, you’ll never have a milk-less morning or egg-less evening again.