Our coffee ice cream recipe is the greatest mix of hot ‘n cold since Katy Perry’s 2008 smash hit. And it can be made using entirely plastic free ingredients!
Get the inside scoop on how to make mouth-watering coffee ice cream by checking out our simple recipe below.
Coffee ice cream recipe
Making coffee ice cream couldn’t be easier, especially when you can get most of the ingredients delivered straight to your doorstep.
- – x1 pint of our delicious iced coffee milkshake
- – 300g sugar
- – x6 egg yolks
- – 540ml of double cream
- – 1.5 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- – A teeny tiny pinch of salt
- 1. Combine the iced coffee milkshake, sugar and salt in a saucepan and cook over a medium heat. Stir the mixture until it starts to steam, then reduce the heat to a low temperature.
- 2. Beat the eggs in a bowl and pour half the milk mixture into the yolks. Keep whisking until it’s all mixed together.
- 3. Return your new eggy, milky combo back to the saucepan and increase the heat to medium.
- 4. Stir for roughly five minutes, until the mixture has thickened. You’re looking for a custard-like texture here.
- 5. Strain the mixture into a bowl through a sieve. Cover it before placing it in the fridge.
- 6. Once it’s nice and cold, whisk the cream and vanilla extract into your mixture. Once it’s smooth, throw it into an ice cream maker and follow the machine’s instructions.
This recipe will keep for up to a fortnight in your freezer, providing you transfer to a freezable container after finishing the sixth step (not to be confused with the Bruce Willis flick).
To reduce food waste, we recommend adjusting the recipe depending on how many servings you wish to make. Although, if you’ve got ice cream in your freezer for over two weeks, we bow down to your belly’s superior restraint!
Looking for more tasty waste-free recipes?
If you loved our coffee ice cream recipe, we don’t blame you! Here are a few more favourite recipes that spring to mind:
- – Fajitas
- – Veggie and vegan BBQ recipes
- – Cocktail recipes
- – Vegetable pie
- – Plastic free ice lollies
- – Beetroot leaf recipes
- – Cauliflower leaf and stalk recipes
Join our milkround
If you’ve got a sweet spot for convenient and sustainable grocery deliveries, you’ll love what we have on offer. Our mission is to reduce waste by making the switch to sustainable shopping as easy as possible. That’s why all our packaging is either returnable, reusable, recyclable or home-compostable – to turn landfills into land-empties.
Sign up to our milkround and you’ll get waste-fighting groceries and essentials on your doorstep before 7.30am. And with our milk delivery and egg delivery up to three times a week, you’ll never have a milk-less morning or egg-less evening again.